News - Hydra Communications completes Acquisition of Bandwidth Technologies
22nd of June, 2018. London, United Kingdom
London, UK; Hydra Communications Limited has today (22nd of June, 2018) completed its acquisition of Bandwidth Technologies Limited, a provider of
transit, fibre, colocation, baremetal hosting and managed services for an undisclosed all-cash sum. Cost saving synergies between the two companies will help to rapidly
expand our product line and increase overall quality of existing and future services.
The acquisition will expand Hydra Communications network presence to 6 locations in Europe; 5 within London and 1 in Amsterdam, detailed below. As well as an
additional UK based office, and adding several staff members to our ever growing team.
- City Reach, London
- Telehouse North, London
- Equinix LD8, London
- Volta, London
- Digital Realty Sovereign House, London
- EvoSwitch, Amsterdam
Further information on the network and offered services is available here: https://zare.com/network
Bandwidth will continue to operate, but as a trading name of Hydra Communications and no services will be interrupted during its integration.
What can we expect going forward?
The following changes, upgrades and additions will be made in the coming months
- Baremetal, colocation, transit and fibre services to be offered in EvoSwitch, Amsterdam.
- N+N MX960 router setup in City Reach, London (main baremetal hosting location).
- Managed baremetal, firewalls and network services will be offered in all locations.
- All locations will see edge routers be upgraded to at least an MX480 or higher, as well as a minimum of a 48 channel DWDM MUX unit.
- AS200039 will be merged into AS25369 and rebranded as HydraCom
- Telia and Cogent ports will added in EvoSwitch, Amsterdam to compliment the current AMS-IX port + PNI's
- Increased ring capacity between Telehouse North, City Reach and LD8.
- Upgrade of existing 10G wave between LD8, London and EvoSwitch, Amsterdam
- Optimised low latency routes for Asia using a mix of NTT, GTT and Telia + PNI's
- Bandwidth Technologies LIR will be merged into Hydra Communications LIR, adding just under 20,000 IP addresses.
- Introducing Telecom Italia into our London network mix.
- Diversifying where T1's & PNI's connect to us in London (split over Telehouse North, Equinix LD8)
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out and email us on [email protected]